Thursday, September 6, 2007

A New Era

I've spent the better part of two weeks trying to suppress the vast amount of Catholic guilt I feel for not posting anything of late. It's not like I haven't had plenty of fodder. There was Michael Vick's come-to-Jesus moment, Clay Buchholz' no-hitter, and Teddy Roosevelt's failure to win the Presidents' Race at RFK on his bobblehead night. I've booed Barry Bonds from the upper deck in left field, ridden a bike for the first time in 16 years, and realized that Wii Sports can be considered exercise. But as badly as I wanted to write about all of these, the words and time eluded me.

But tonight I felt compelled to post a short note about a momentous day for female fans everywhere. On a lark, I just looked at MLB.com's shop to see if there was any new gear for the sports junkie. Suddenly my eyes fell on the most miraculous of sights. There before me was the Holy Grail of the female fan's attire.

Ladies, I give you...

New Era's Women's Essential Adjustable Caps

"An essential cap with a classic look! Embroidered team logo on team-colored cap. Fit for a woman's head, with a re-sculpted crown, adjusted rear slope, and trimmed visor. Adjustable back with metal clasp. 100% cotton."

There is no excuse now for the pink hat. It can be banned. It can be abolished. No one over the age of 6 should be allowed to come within a mile radius of a pink hat.

Makes you feel warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?

No comments: