Friday, May 11, 2007

A Tale of Two Pitchers

A possible conversation between reunited teammates, Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte…

Roger: Hey, P-Man…

Andy: Hey.

Roger: You’re mad.

Andy: I’m fine.

R: Andy, really… I had no idea they would announce it at the game.

A: If 52,000 people are more important than I am, then that’s fine, Roger.

R: C’mon, don’t be like this.

A: I’m not being like anything.

R: It’s gonna be like old times.

A: Whatever. Derek said that to Alex and now look at them.

R: They share lipstick. We share something stronger.

A: A special bond.

R: We’re more than brothers.

A: If we’re more than brothers, why did you stay away? Were you mad at me?

R: Mad at you? I could never be mad at you, P-Man.

A: I guess, but I can’t keep having my heart trampled.

R: I know.

A: Do you know how many times I wanted to pick up the phone and call you when I was having a rough start?

R: Why didn’t you?

A: I needed to be strong.

R: Why?

A: I needed to see if I could quit you.

R: (Gasp)

A: I never know if you’ll come back and it cuts like a knife, Roger.

R: I’m so sorry, but I needed them to want me.

A: Why do you need 52,000 people to want you when I want you? Isn’t that enough?

R: Of course it is.

A: I won’t compete with them.

R: You won’t have to. I’m all yours. I’ve missed you, man.

A: I’ve missed you too.

R: I’m here now.

A: And I’m glad.

R: Now come back to bed.

No comments: